Monday, March 4, 2013

Sew Many Tools

Happy Monday!

As shopowners, designers, and distributors are making their way home from another fun (& hopefully profitable) market - I though I would introduce another of my New Releases.

Before I go any further, I do want to thank Norden Crafts Ltd. for taking my new models and charts to show in their room. Since I was not able to make it to market this year, it was most appreciated that they allow me the opportunity to "be there" in a little more than just spirit.


 Sew Many Tools was a fun design for me to work on. Many of you know that I am not only Hands On Design, but I am Hands On Finishing too. I have done finishing work for about 12 years & I guess I'm just one of those weird people that loves to finish. (Thank Mom...she always said to finish what I started!)

I have been fortunate enough to teach quite a few finishing classes at shops, markets, and guild meetings. There are tutorials all over the internet & I have found that for every finisher out there, there is a different finishing spin on the same thing! No one right way...just lots of options.

I start a lot of my classes by saying "Finishing is Fun!" After all the eye rolls & snickers...most people find out that it really is not all that difficult.

I designed Sew Many Tools as a tutorial - something I hope to keep doing. This particular design was born out of a color combination. I loved the saturated red & green and it's really no secret that I LOVE houndstooth! (OK...maybe now it's not a secret!) The tutorial walks you through the steps to make the Tool Box, Needlecase & Pinkeep.

There is an extra chart in the pattern as well. I had originally planned to make a "Fob" and even charted it out. Well, that didn't happen, but I threw the chart in anyway for those overachievers out there (you know who you are!)

Have a great afternoon..hopefully with time spent stitching,

Cathy

4 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty design! I love the houndstooth too!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, thank you so much for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Cathy! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this! Absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete