- I had this little idea for the "A Year in Chalk" series.
- I do all kinds of research on chalk art: fonts, styles, borders, etc...
- I keep running across this blog with beautiful pictures of someone's home and all of her chalk art (seriously, this is a home worthy of HGTV!)... & she stitches!
- I 'turn off' all images before I start sketching my series, but her blog never really leaves my mind.
- As 'A Year in Chalk' winds down, I think about what's next...
Enter Just Cross Stitch magazine with a request for a series.
So, I pitch my idea and hear those magical words that any designer loves to hear..."we're happy with whatever you want to do".
Then, I had to not only introduce myself to Priscilla via FB, but pitch her the idea too. 2 days later, we were busy chatting on the phone discussing colors and themes (& kids and families...go Aztecs! I have been watching her son on TV playing college football!)
What a fun friendship & project this is turning out to be! I know I'm learning a lot and I always like a project that pushes me creatively.
We send pictures back and forth as we each stitch our own models. I have committed to stitching the magazine models myself since I'm making a lot of changes as I go.
Here's a few 'behind the scenes' photos that didn't make the magazine!
Priscilla's first photo to me!
Once my piece is complete, I ship it to Priscilla so she can photograph them together in her home.
Finally! Just Cross Stitch Jan/Feb 2016. We started this project last March! I'm so excited to bring you a year full of Seasons in Chalk Art (7 in all). (FYI: each piece will be the same stitch count. The model is stitched on 32ct Slate from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie)
Visit and follow Priscilla's blog:
Enjoy the stitch, I sure have!